Fire Risk Assessment & Property Compliance
Tersus provide a variety of compliance services including Fire Risk Assessments, Legionella Risk Assessments and Compliance auditing services.
Fire Risk Assessments are required in order to ensure compliance to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. Our consultants cover the UK and across all sectors.
Legionella Risk Assessments are required under C.O.S.H.H regulations and our experienced and qualified consultants can perform assessments to the approved code of practice (L8) standards including provision of marked schematics and written schemes.
We also specialise in compliance auditing / gap analysis of key life safety areas including asbestos, fire, water hygiene, gas, electrical & lift maintenance as well as general Health & Safety services.
Tersus have also acquired and integrated the Eurosafe UK business. A summary of their services can be found below, or visit their web: https://www.eurosafeuk.co.uk/
Tersus can also utilise services from within the wider Marlowe Critical Services group and have immediate and direct access to the various fire safety and water hygiene services performed by other group companies.
Eurosafe UK are the one of the leading Construction and Property Safety Consultancies in the UK, providing a broad portfolio of services including CDM Consultants, Principal Designer, Construction Site Safety Audits, Contractor Assessment and Pre-qualification Schemes, Construction related IT solutions and building legislative compliance services.
Eurosafe’s capability in Fire Risk Assessment, Asbestos Surveying, Asbestos Remedial Works, Procurement and Training complement and add strength to Tersus’ service provision and capability, particularly in the retail and hospitality sectors.
For more information, please visit: https://www.eurosafeuk.co.uk/
Whilst tragic events such as Grenfell, dominate the headlines for necessary reasons, it should be noted that there are still over half a million fire-related incidents per year.
Together with the requirements to comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRFSO), the need for organisations to properly assess the risk of their stock through professional fire risk assessment, is imperative.
Our team can provide Fire Risk Assessments (the first step in achieving compliance). We can perform FRAs to the PAS 79 methodology if required or utilise client’s existing reporting templates where suitable.
Tersus are accredited to the BAFE SP205 standard for the conducting of Life Safety Fire Risk Assessments. Tersus are also members of the Fire Protection Association and Fire Industry Association. The services Tersus provide include:
Fire Risk Assessments:
- Type 1/2/3 & 4 FRAs. New inspections and reviews. PAS 79 style
- Asset register compilation and Plan provision
- Budget costings for remedial works
- Building hand-over checks for major refurbishments/new-builds (snagging)
- Provision of information in PDF & excel format including Action Plans
- Provision of client portal to download reports and other associated documents (action plans etc)
Fire compartmentation surveys and fire door inspections:
- Full compartmentation surveys and accompanying CAD plans
- Fire door registers and door asset tagging (stickers or RFID device)
Fire Engineering, and specialist consultancy
- Fire engineering design reviews in-line with various RIBA stages
- Provision of full specifications of work for remedial actions
- Project Management of remedial work incl. preparation of tender documents and tender analysis
- External façade inspections and EWS1 assessments
- Fire strategy document provision
- Fire safety management policies and written arrangements (procedures) reviewed or re-written.
Our highly qualified assessors work throughout the U.K and have significant experience in both public and private sectors
Please also refer to our training website in order to find out about our training services with regards to fire safety.
We also have direct access to other Marlowe group fire safety organisations, including Marlowe Fire and Security https://marlowefireandsecurity.com/ in order to provide a complete one-stop shop package for all fire safety requirements including remedial and maintenance services.
Organisations in both the public and private sector are increasingly under pressure from a wide range of compliance and health safety legislation and from regulatory bodies, audit and risk committees, end-users and the media.
Adverse compliance management can lead to poor health & safety practice, regulatory judgement (and downgrades for housing providers), fines, custodial sentence, costs and negative publicity.
Our team can help with the provision of compliance audit services. These can be performed at a variety of ‘depths’ in order to either quickly assess or fully understand processes at every level and in detail within the organisation, within internal teams and within supply-chain arrangements.
The audits include an assessment of documentation (such as policies, procedures, contracts and SLAs, minutes & reports) interviews with responsible/nominated persons, teams and third parties (such as suppliers or enforcing authorities).
Practical assessment of processes is also conducted through site visits, data system interrogation and validation exercises.
Final reports are always clear, detailed, professional and include executive summaries, detailed results and prioritised action plans.
Our consultants have worked for both public and private sectors, enabling them to have excellent working knowledge of property compliance.
In the UK, there are still around 500 cases of Legionella infection per year.
We can ensure compliance to ACoP L8, HSG Parts 1,2 and 3 in order to provide complete assurance to our clients, within all different types of properties. Our team can assist through;
- Legionella Risk Assessments which are the principal first step in achieving compliance in the workplace. Our legionella risk assessments are clear and comprehensive and include summary information, photos, and full schematics.
- Provision of written schemes / be-spoke log-books.
- Please also refer to our training web-site (add link) in order to find out about our training services with regards to Legionella and water hygiene.
- We also have direct access to other Marlowe group water hygiene organisations in order to provide a complete one-stop shop package for all water hygiene maintenance and treatment requirements.